- Three new Litagion agent profiles and a new theme summarizing CoMeta content related to flame retardants
- New blog content: "Makers and users of flame retardants sitting uncomfortably"
- Updated Litagion agent and company profiles impacted by newly published peer-reviewed science and newly gathered company information
- Flame retardants. Flame retardants refer to substances added to products to prevent fires from starting or slowing their spread. They are added to a wide range of products including upholstered furniture, mattresses, bedding, kids’ pajamas, car seats, electronic enclosures, cable and wire, insulation and other building materials, and plastic car, boat, and air components. Some polybrominated flame retardants have been banned or otherwise restricted due to their persistence and potential toxicity, but dozens of other organohalogen and organophosphate flame retardants have taken their place. Flame retardants are now ubiquitous in the environment and human serum.
- Tri-(2-chloroisopropyl) phosphate. A chlorinated phosphate flame retardant used in polyurethane foam.
- Tris(2-butoxyethyl) phosphate. A phosphate-based flame retardant used in rubber, electronics, textiles, and plastics.
- Tris(methylphenyl) phosphate. A phosphate-based flame retardant that also functions as a plasticizer in rubber and plastic.
Updated Litagion agents based on newly published science
All Litagion agent profiles have been updated to reflect the most recently published peer-reviewed science. A notable scientific study added to CoMeta since the last release:
- Cannabis (inhaled). A study in Colorado links increasing rates of congenital abnormalities in children with greater rates of prenatal cannabis exposure.
In addition, we highlight the following changes to the components of Litagion agent risk resulting from recently published peer-reviewed science:
|Risk category change
|Overall risk change
|Projected science risk changes from Low (green) to Medium-low (light green)
|Projected science risk changes from Medium-low (light green) to Medium (yellow)