This release of CoMeta includes one new Litagion agent profile, 16 updated company profiles, and a host of updated Litagion agent profiles impacted by newly published peer-reviewed science.
New Litagion agent profiles
- Propiconazole. A fungicide used to protect seeds and crops and also as a preservative for wood products, inks, paper, and textiles.
Updated company profiles
- 3M Company
- Abercrombic & Fitch Company
- Ashland Inc.
- Bayer AG
- Cabot Corporation
- Colgate-Palmolive Company
- Flextronics International Ltd.
- HollyFrontier Corporation
- International Flavors & Fragrances Inc.
- Ingredion Incorporated
- Johns Manville Corporation
- Johnson & Johnson
- Nestlé S.A.
- RPM International Inc.
- Syngenta AG
- Westlake Chemical Corporation
Updated Litagion agents based on newly published science
In this release, all Litagion agent profiles have been updated to reflect the most recently published peer-reviewed science. Notable scientific studies added to CoMeta since the last release include:
- Perfluoro-n-nonanoic acid (PFNA): A study in China found blood levels of PFNA in men are significantly correlated with the incidence of metabolic syndrome.
- Bisphenol S (BPS): A study in China reported a positive correlation between maternal BPS levels and length of gestation.
In addition, we highlight the following changes to the components of Litagion agent risk resulting from recently published peer-reviewed science:
|Litagion agent||Risk category change||Overall risk change|
|Bisphenol AF||Projected science risk changed from Medium-low (light green) to Medium (yellow).||Increase from Low (green) to Medium-low (light green)|
|Copper Nanoparticles||Projected science risk changed from Medium-high (orange) to High (red).||No Change|