This release of CoMeta includes one new Litagion agent profile, an update to the Concussions in Sports Litagion agent profile, seven updated company profiles, and a host of updated Litagion agent profiles impacted by newly published peer-reviewed science.
New Litagion agent profiles
- Cabozantinib S-malate. A chemotherapy drug used to treat medullary thyroid cancer and advanced renal cell cancer.
Updated Litagion agent profiles
- The Litagion agent "Concussions in Sports" has been renamed "Repetitive Head Injury in Sports." The profile now also monitors the scientific literature investigating the effect of repetitive head injury on cognitive disorders such as Parkinson's disease and dementia.
Updated company profiles
- Amazon.com, Inc.
- Apache Corporation
- NewMarket Corporation
- Northrop Grumman Corporation
- SPX Corporation
- UCB S.A.
- Whole Foods Market
Updated Litagion agents based on newly published science
In this release, all Litagion agent profiles have been updated to reflect the most recently published peer-reviewed science. Notable scientific studies added to CoMeta since the last release include:
- Cadmium: A study in Japan found a significant association between maternal levels of cadmium in blood and preterm birth.
- Marijuana: Psychotic-like experiences in children at 10 years of age were significantly linked to maternal or paternal use of marijuana during pregnancy.
In addition, we highlight the following changes to the components of Litagion agent risk resulting from recently published peer-reviewed science:
|Litagion agent||Risk category change||Overall risk change|
|Perfluoroundecanoic acid||Projected science risk changed from Medium-Low (light green) to Medium (yellow).||None|
|Zinc oxide nanoparticles||Projected science risk changed from Medium-High (orange) to High (red).||None|