This release of CoMeta includes one new chemical Litagion® agent, six updated company profiles, and a host of updated Litagion agent profiles impacted by newly published peer-reviewed science.
New Litagion agent profiles
- Erionite. Erionite is a zeolite which can form airborne fibers that can be inhaled. The highest current general causation risk score for erionite is 0.67 for lung cancer.
Updated company profiles
- Cummins Inc
- Haier America Trading LLC
- Huntsman Corporation
- Johnson Matthey Plc
- The ServiceMaster Company
- Tupperware Brands Corporation
Updated Litagion agent profiles based on newly published science
In this release, all Litagion agent profiles have been updated to reflect the most recently published peer-reviewed science. Notable scientific studies added to CoMeta since the last release include:
- Perfluoro-n-nonanoic acid (PFNA): A Swedish study focused on women linked blood levels of PFNA to liver dysfunction.
- Perfluorooctane sulfonic acid (PFOS): An analysis using mother-child pairs from Project Viva in Boston found children with prenatal exposure to PFOS had lower mid-childhood visual-motor scores.
In addition, we highlight the following changes to the components of Litagion agent risk resulting from recently published peer-reviewed science:
|Risk category change
|Overall risk change
|Dibutyl phthalate (DBP)
|Projected science risk changed from Medium-Low (light green) to Medium (yellow)
|Projected science risk changed from Medium (yellow) to Medium-High (orange)