New Litagion agent profiles
- Di-n-hexyl phthalate
- Di-n-pentyl phthalate
- Dicyclohexyl phthalate
Updated company profiles
- Flextronics International Ltd.
- L-3 Communications Corporation
- Merck KGaA
- The Proctor & Gamble Company
- Wacker Chemie AG
Updated Litagion agent profiles based on newly published science
In this release, all Litagion agent profiles have been updated to reflect recently published peer-reviewed literature. We provide more detail below for two of the Litagion agents that experienced changes in their general causation risk score * (GC Risk Score) since the previous CoMeta content release.
- Perfluorinated compounds: Perfluorinated compounds were measured in cord blood and respiratory tract infections were monitored in the corresponding children at birth to 10 years. Perfluoroundecanoic acid (PFUnDA), perfluorooctane sulfonic acid (PFOS), perfluroooctanoic acid (PFOA), perfluorooctanesulfonamide (PFOSA), and perfluoro-n-nonanoic acid (PFNA) levels in cord blood were found to be linked to children's respiratory tract infections.
- Lead: A recent study on lead-exposed workers in the U.S., Finland, and U.K. showed a significant association between blood lead measurements with lung cancer, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), stroke, and heart disease.
In addition, we want to highlight the most significant changes in risk measure categories for the following Litagion agents as the result of recently published peer-reviewed literature.
|Litagion agent||Risk category change by risk measure (Quintant)||Overall risk change (Quindrex border color)|
|Mancozeb||Dynamics ** (GC Risk Projection) changed from Medium risk (yellow) to Medium-high risk (orange)||No change|
|Levonorgestrel||Dynamics ** (GC Risk Projection) changed from Medium-low risk (light green) to Medium risk (yellow)||No change|
* The general causation risk score measures the extent to which peer-reviewed scientific literature supports a hypothesis that a particular Litagion agent causes bodily injury or property damage.
** Dynamics reflects the forecast of the future science over the course of the next seven years and contributes to the overall risk measure. Dynamics is one of the five risk measures (quintants) included in the Quindrex visualization within CoMeta along with science, clash, law, and size.