October's release includes a variety of major enhancements to improve usability, including the ability to download a Company Profile as a PDF, and new table views for Companies, Industries, Damages, and Litagion® agents. In addition, we've added two new chemical Litagion agents, one new company, 13 new industries and updated Litagion agent profiles impacted by newly published science.
New Litagion agent profiles
- Drospirenone; ethinyl estradiol
New company profile
- Emerald Performance Materials, LLC
Updated company profiles
- Berkshire Hathaway Energy
- Emerald Performance Materials
- Medline Industries
- PPG Industries
- Toll Brothers
New industry profiles
- Air Traffic Control [NAICS-488111]
- Automotive Glass Replacement Shops [NAICS-811122]
- Construction Sand and Gravel Mining [NAICS-212321]
- Copper Ore and Nickel Ore Mining [NAICS-212234]
- Crushed and Broken Granite Mining and Quarrying [NAICS-212313]
- Custom Architectural Woodwork and Millwork Manufacturing [NAICS-337212]
- Gold Ore Mining [NAICS-212221]
- Iron Ore Mining [NAICS-212210]
- Motor Vehicle Electrical and Electronic Equipment Manufacturing [NAICS-336320]
- Phosphate Rock Mining [NAICS-212392]
- Potash, Soda, and Borate Mineral Mining [NAICS-212391]
- Silver Ore Mining [NAICS-212222]
- Uranium-Radium-Vanadium Ore Mining [NAICS-212291]
Updated Litagion agents based on newly published science
In this release, all Litagion agent profiles have been updated to reflect recently published peer-reviewed literature. We provide more detail on the impacts this literature had to the general causation risk score (GC risk score) for the Litagion agents below. The general causation score measures the extent to which peer-reviewed scientific literature supports a hypothesis that a particular Litagion agent causes bodily injury or property damage.
- Bisphenol A (BPA): A recent study on 4 year old female children suggests a significant association between BPA and impaired social communication, a cognitive disorder.
- Perfluoro-n-nonanoic acid (PFNA): Low birth weight in infants is linked to maternal PFNA concentration measured at mid-pregnancy.
In addition, we want to highlight the most significant changes in the overall risk for the following Litagion agents as the result of recently published peer-reviewed literature:
|Litagion agent||Overall risk change||Reason for change|
|Calcium Carbonate||Medium-low risk (light green) to Medium risk (yellow)||Changes in dynamics projections|
|Tetrachloroethylene (Perc)||Low risk (dark green) to Medium-low risk (light green)||Changes in dynamics projections|
Company Profile Report
With this release, users now have the ability to download company profiles from CoMeta.
- To access the Company Profile Report, click the PDF button from the Company Summary page.
- Depending on your browser and settings, the download may start automatically or you may be prompted to open or save the PDF file.
With the release, we're introducing a new way to browse and navigate through our data. All of our Companies, Litagion agents, Industries and Damages are now available in table views. These tables can be searched, sorted and filtered in a variety of ways. Additionally, our visualization keys are featured above each table, providing an easy way to interpret our information-filled images. Clicking on an image in the table will take you to the summary page of that item.
Here are the features available on the new Company Profiles page pictured below:
- Search for a company by name.
- Access the full explanation of the Dartboard visualization.
- Browse companies by first letter of company name.
- Filter companies by Litagion profile, producer status, downstream status, life science, or profiling method.
- Sort by name or Type.
- Click on the company name or Dartboard visualization to access the company summary page.
The following features are available on the Litagion Profiles page pictured below:
- Search for a Litagion profile by name.
- Access the full explanation of the Quindrex visualization.
- Filter Litagion agents, Litagion signals, energy, or life science.
- Browse by first letter of Litagion name.
- Filter by Overall, Science, Clash, Size, Dynamics and/or Law risk levels.
- Compare Litagion profiles by clicking the checkboxes then clicking the Compare button.
- Click on the Quindrex visualization to access the Litagion summary page.
The new Industry Profiles page pictured below contains the following features:
- Access the full explanation of the Sawtooth visualization.
- Filter by Litagion profile or industry classification system.
- Search for an industry by name or industry classification code.
- Browse industries by first letter of name.
- Sort by name or date updated.
- Filter by Size and/or Clash risk levels.
- Click on the Sawtooth visualization to access the industry summary page.
The new Damage Profiles page pictured below provides the following features:
- Access the full explanation of the Trefoil visualization.
- Filter damages by Litagion profile.
- Search for damages by name.
- Browse damages by first letter of name.
- Sort by damage name or date updated.
- Filter by Prevalence, Latency, and/or Cost risk levels.
- Click the Trefoil visualization to access the damage summary page.