The release includes a variety of enhancements to improve usability and understanding of the Litigation Risk Quadrant Chart. In addition, we've added 4 new companies and updated 10 companies and Litagion® agent profiles impacted by newly published science.
New company profiles
- Cook Group Inc.
- Energy Transfer Partners, L.P.
- Ergon, Inc.
- Kraton Corporation
Updated company profiles
- American Airlines Group, Inc.
- Avery Dennison Corporation
- BJ's Wholesale Club, Inc.
- The Hershey Company
- KBR, Inc.
- Lenovo Group Limited
- Newfield Exploration Company
- Tesoro Corporation
- Statoil ASA
- Total S.A.
Updated Litagion agents based on newly published science
In this release, all Litagion agent profiles have been updated to reflect recently published peer-reviewed literature. We provide more detail on the impacts this literature had to the general causation risk score (GC risk score) for the Litagion agents below. The general causation score measures the extent to which peer-reviewed scientific literature supports a hypothesis that a particular Litagion agent causes bodily injury or property damage.
- Formaldehyde: A recent study examined miscarriage in China and found formaldehyde levels in blood are significantly linked to miscarriage.
- Methylparaben: In a new study to assess human fertility, methylparaben concentrations in urine are associated with the inability to conceive children.
In addition, we want to highlight the most significant changes in the overall risk for the following Litagion agents as the result of recently published peer-reviewed literature:
|Litagion agent||Overall risk change||Reason for change|
|Bisphenol S||Medium risk (yellow) to Medium-high risk (orange)||Changes in dynamics projection.|
|Perfluoroundecanoic acid||Low risk (dark green) to Medium-low risk (light green)||Changes in dynamics projection.|
Enhancements to Litigation Risk Quadrant Chart - Introduction of Liability Risk Curves and Enhanced Latent Mass Liability Risk Table
With this release, users can better understand the liability risk associated with business activities and underlying details associated with those risks via the Litigation Risk Quadrant Chart enhancements described below. See visualization below for more detail.
1. New Liability Risk Curves identify and divide the litigation risk quadrant chart into sections visualizing high, med-high, medium, med-low, and low risk. Each chart point has a specific level of liability risk. The liability risk levels can be visualized as a series of indifference curves within the litigation risk quadrant chart that represent the same level of liability risk.
2. New enhancements to the Latent Mass Liability Risk Table expand the explanation of the analysis provided by the litigation risk quadrant chart and allow a user to more comprehensively interact with the supporting data.
a. A user can now quickly view/sort the data by liability risk curve values. The default setting displays all risk levels, or a user can select a particular risk level (i.e., Medium-High) to customize the results displayed on the chart. A user can still view/sort the data by quadrants as well (i.e. selecting the upper right quadrant - high specific liability & high general causation risk).
b. In addition, a user can view/sort by specific data categories such as - Litagion Agent, Liability Risk, Plaintiff Type, General Harm, Defendant Class, Number of Causes of Action, and Match Quality. For all but Number of Causes of Action and Match Quality, a user can type in search terms to customize the results. For example, by typing "Wastewater injection" into the search box under Litagion Agent, a user can narrow results displayed in the table to only that Litagion agent.
c. Each data category now has an information icon "i" by each term to provide the user with a concise explanation of the contents in each column without having to navigate away from the page.